I'm so glad you get all the pictures sent from other people. And plenty of suppliers. Elaine Santos is awesome. We're going to her house again today because Elder G. Oliveira says he needs a haircut. (He doesn't have any hair.) Speaking of him, his name is Gabriel de Jesus, but someone else was already Elder de Jesus, so he´s Elder G. Oliveira. It's funny, everyone says his name is easy and mine is hard, but I have like the easiest name in English. Most of the time I'm "Craigey" to people. That's awesome you're hanging with the Gregorys! They sound like great people. And Elder Gregory and I are planning on being tight after the mission, so get comfy. All I know is they have a lot of boys.
Still not legal. We ended up not going last week, so I'm going this week on Quinta. [Thursday.] Hopefully everything will work out and I'll be done.
The showers are actually pretty great now. The toilets on the other hand leave something to be desired. I should probably appreciate this church building while I have it. Other areas might not have one.
I really feel blessed that everyone around me tells me comforting things and testifies that I will learn the language. I'm still a little impatient with myself, but I'm very thankful for all your encouraging words, Dad. Also, today I opened one of Aaron Johnstons letters. Remember he wrote me a few? I opened the one that said "read when you´re frustrated with Portuguese," and that was also super helpful. Will you tell him thank you so much from me?
That's cool you saw Eric D. Snider. Tell him I'm following his advice and I haven't killed my companion in his sleep yet. Mostly cause I'm always too tired when he's asleep.
When you send stuff to the mission office it gets there, and I have a few chances to get it during transfers. Usually at the beginning when our zone leaders go to Goiânia for meeting, or a few other times during the month. Not very often. But it's great to get letters there and rub it in the faces of all the other missionaries. This week I got one from the Majors, from Elk Ridge Ward. Super nice. I wrote one back to them.
Some things happening here!
Finally got a haircut after 8 weeks on the mission. I love it, but miss Mom's.
There's a restaurant here and the owner likes the missionaries, so every night we get jantar de graça! (Free dinner!) Pretty much the best thing ever.
Our zone leaders slept with us a few days this week cause they were having problems with their female neighbor always being naked. Our zone leaders are Elder Fartsalot, and Elder Fartsmore. They're lots of fun. We ordered a pizza one night. We also had an English language study in the morning when we only spoke English for like thirty minutes. That was awesome because the tables were turned and I could understand and talk and they couldn't!
People here (only in Goiás) say "why" (the English word) as a filler word. It's super annoying because it always trips me out. I'll be like "can we share our message with you?" And they'll say "whyyy" and I'll think "BECAUSE!"
Fatima (pronounced Fachima) is a very common name here and I think it's hilarious. So hard to not laugh.
I'm always impressed with the kindness of the people here. They're always willing to give whatever they have. Water, cake, apples, yogurts, it's awesome.
I taught the English class they have here! I don't think I'm very good.
I was shown a video called "Quero Café." It's basically the equivalent of "The Building is on Fire" or "Hide your kids, hide your wives." If you know Portuguese, it's funny.
We ate at a members resturant called Anzo. It was like Tucanos, but everything was fish! Some of it was super good!
I´ve always been scared to talk to people without Elder G. Oliveira. He's like my safety net. But one time this week, I decided to have faith, and when he was on the phone, I started talking with a man. And it was the first time I've really felt like I showed my personality while speaking Portuguese. That was a miracle to me because I always feel like a robot when I do speak. I know that when I have faith in the Lord and take that leap of faith, I don't need a safety net. I can't fall.
We had a multi-zone conference in Goiânia this week which only strengthened my love for Presidente Buhrer. He's the perfect combination of funny and spiritual. He showed us memes, funny videos, and videos of him and his band! He plays the guitar and sings. It's so awesome. He also taught with power and love. Everyone wants to do what he says because they love him. I didn't understand a lot because it was very fast Portuguese, but I always feel the spirit with that man.
Yesterday was two months that I've been on the mission. The bishop must have known something was up cause I got asked to speak in church right before it started! Not really speak, but share my testimony. About five minutes. Turns our when your whole life is the gospel, talking for five minutes is super easy! I shared my mission scripture and talked about how I know with faith, miracles can happen - for me, and through me. I started crying, of course, because ever since I've been on my mission my emotions are always on edge, but everyone said I did great and my companion said the members love me now, so yay!
I thank Heavenly Father every day that I'm here. I struggle, I cry, I pray, and I work. And I wouldn't have it any other way.
Thank you for the continued support. I love you so much.
Elder Craig
ALSO! I feel like I´m an official elder cause I got caught in my first epic rainstorm! It was insane! I had my umbrella, but elder G. Oliveira didn't, so I got pitty soaked for him.
Also, had some weird pizza yesterday at a members house, but I did like one called Romeo and Juliet. It was sweet guava puree with cheese.

No comments:
Post a Comment