Our family lip syncs together. A lot. Garren sent this with his email this week.
This is a 2018 Mutual theme song.
[Editor's Note: This opening paragraph is Garren being funny. If you know the SNL character "Stefon," then this will make sense to you and be even funnier. If not ... it's still pretty funny.]
Yesyesyesyesyesssssss. If you're looking for a place to kick back and relax, with or without a shirt, than look no further. Brazil's hottest city is Anápolis. Located on the northeast end of a downgrading economy, this. place. has. everything. 24 hour bars, pirated movie stands, people urinating on the wall in the middle of the street, stray jogs...stray jogs? Jewish stray dogs. And, what's that over there? Is that people selling corn out of the back of a broken down van on the side of the road? No. It's a heavy metal rock band performing in a church on the street corner.
Important note: I actually really love it here. But all of those things are true. Except maybe the economy. I don't know about that. But I'm pretty positive about the jogs.
I heard about Mom being gone, she sent me an email. Sorry you have to be alone with barf.com. That sounds like the opposite of fun. [Editor's Note: Katie is gone for 2 weeks. Hillary had the stomach flu. I'm barely alive, you guys.]
Teaching in English was really the best thing for me. I've reflected on it more, and I feel even more like that's how I want to be with Portuguese. Not only was I able to teach, but now I have such a strong love for this man, and really want to teach him, not so I can have a baptism statistic, but because I really want this to bless his life, and I know it will. I want so badly to get to this point with all the people here. I still feel like I can't communicate well enough to teach how I want to, but I'm continuing in faith, knowing that I'll get there. [Editor's note: He's been in his mission for 6 weeks, folks. SIX. WEEKS. I had to learn this same language when I served my mission. It took me MONTHS.]
I bet the Olympics are awesome! Shaun White is a beast. Let me know if Brazil wins anything. Probably not, because it's SO HOT here, so I don't know if anyone is good at winter sports.
Mom told me about your Valentine's Day. I love your guys relationship. I have absolutely learned from you guys how I want my marriage to be. Being here and seeing so many rough and broken relationships between husband and wife has only strengthened my desire for what you guys have. (It still terrifies me though.)
Some things happening here!
Speaking of transfers, I'm staying in Jundiaí with Elder G. Oliveira for another transfer! Which I'm totally fine with.
We clapped at a gate at a house, and Elder G. O. started laughing. I asked him why, and he asked if I saw the thing in the window. I said no, so he clapped again, and three seconds later, this lady's hand came out, shook her finger, made a shooing motion, and disappeared. We laughed so hard at that. It was like the toy box when you push the switch, and then the hand comes out and pushes it back. But with a real person. It was awesome.
We were on a bus, and there was a sign, and it had an English translation underneath that said, "Smilie, you may being filmed!"
Daylight savings ended (because it's almost fall here - weird) so we got an extra hour of sleep! That was great.
We met this new guy named Welder. He's super open to the gospel and payed really close attention to what we said. We invited him to church, and said we would come by to walk with him. When we came by, he was actually ready! That's the first time that's happened to me! He loved church, and even already knows some people there. Right now he's our most likely chance for baptism.
I love you guys so much. I can't express how much you all inspire me and give me strength and encouragement to keep going and try even harder. Hearing from you is the best and worst thing. I love you so much.
Elder Craig
P.S. Make sure you thank Julie Ahlander for me. It was so good to hear from her. I love their family.
No comments:
Post a Comment