Monday, April 2, 2018

Week 18: First Baptism!

Garren's first baptism in Brazil.  

There's a Brazilian apostle and a temple in Russia!

Yesterday one of the young woman in the ward said to my face that she was going to marry me.

This week was cool. Especially this weekend. So much happened the last few days, and is still happening today, because transfers are happening. I don't know everything yet, but it looks like I'll be staying here again with Elder G. Oliveira, and maybe be a trio.

Thanks for the Elder Soares bio, that's really cool. And as you can imagine, everyone here lost their minds when a BRAZILIAN APOSTLE was called! And I was stoked, because how awesome is it that it happened while I´m in Brazil??

So, general conference was awesome. It was basically two full days living at the chapel with all the members, so that was awesome in itself. On Saturday, Wanderson and Amanda came to the first session! They haven´t come to church since the first time they were taught...in December! Friday night we had an awesome lesson with them, which included me giving a blessing in Portuguese (blows on nails and wipes on shirt), and they're finally starting to understand the importance of church and the gospel. So they came, and that was awesome. Then after the session, Raelcia was baptized. And Renato baptized her. And Neubia got her party because everyone was at the baptism because of conference. And it was wonderful. I was so happy. She'll be confirmed this Sunday.

But the best part of conference was the dude conducting the music for the second session, amiright? HAHA that was awesome!

It was all in Portuguese and I understood most of it, but feel like I could get way more out of it. So today I'm downloading the talks in English to listen to during the week. And I feel like most of the changes will apply more to me once I finish the mission. But still super cool.

Some changes happened here. President Buhrer closed two zones, so our zone got a lot bigger. We'll have 20-30 missionaries in our zone.

Some other random things from this week:

A drunk guy in the road yelled at me and raised his hand to try to punch me, but that threw him off balance and he almost fell over. Ha!

We taught this girl who is 16. She has a kid and is pregnant, and in the lesson we were like, "All of us sin. Do you think you've ever sinned?" And she said, "Hmmm no, I don't think so."

One companionship of Elders in our district was robbed this week.

We read all the funny things I wrote on papers to make Elder G. O. laugh during phone calls and it was like a recap of our last three months. It was fun.

I bought a ring that I use for knocking doors, because all the doors/gates are metal, and one of the members saw it and was like, "Oh, do you have someone waiting for you at home?" Haha!

Anyway, I love you all so much, and wish I had a lot more time to email. You´re the best and your words are exactly what I need every week.

Elder Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment