Dear dudes,
Family can't give you friends. But family can give you flower ties, and flower ties can get you friends.
I cannot BELIEVE this trip and everything you guys are doing in like two days. Seems like it's a lot of running, but it probably seems more like that to me because I only hear an update once a week. But glad things are going awesome and you're seeing and eating everything. [Editor's Note: Our family made a big cross-country trip this month - from Utah to St. Louis, Washington DC, Philadelphia, New York, Connecticut, Boston, Chicago, and back home.]
Oh my word, is Hillary okay? [On the second to last night of our trip, Hillary fell down some stairs and broker her collarbone.] Is it just because I'm far away and only hear stuff weekly that it seems like all this crazy stuff is happening to people all of a sudden? Probably. But wow. Praying she's okay, and everything goes well and a surgery isn't necessary.
The Elders you're probably not recognizing in photos are Elder Rodriguez, Elder Capucho's companion. He´s the one with the scar on his forehead. And the other is probably Elder Milder, the other zone leader, Elder Rodrigues's companion. This is his last transfer. I like him more as a person than as a zone leader, but it's all good. He likes the 80s so we're good now. I'm gonna show him your Ferris Buhler video which was AWESOME! I laughed till I cried. Or cried till I laughed. Not sure.
I missed updates from the siblings, but tell Lucy and Becca this week I heard someone playing "For the first time in forever," and I thought of them as I sang along.
Some stuff that happened this week:
This week was Elder Varjão´s senior week, which means he planned every day and took the lead in teaching. He did great, and I'm sure he'd be ready to train next transfer if needed. (Next transfer is next week, and I'll most likely leave Jundiaí since I've been here almost seven months.) But it was a good learning experience for him and me. I realized how empty it felt to not do anything. Like, obviously I still did stuff, but I felt more tired and less focused because I wasn't always planning and teaching.
We had a multi-zone meeting in Goiânia, and it was great. I felt some personal revelation and noted some things I can change and improve. I love President Buhrer and the way he leads. He talked a lot the whole meeting about how we need to improve and stuff, because there's lots of fubecas and such, and then at the end of the meeting he bore a testimony and told us how amazing we are and how he loves all of us, and he cried and everyone cried. He's good at telling us what we need to change and improve, but also expressing love for each of us.
I got your package!!! Which I totally wasn't expecting, so it was an amazing surprise! I love it so much. The ties are amazing, and everyone in my zone went crazy. I loved the letters so much from each of you. And REESE´S! And the hymn book was great, I didn't realize how much I missed some of the hymns until I was flipping through. Love that address thing Aunt Jan made with my ugly picture, which reminds me, my mission address will probably be changing soon. And I love all the pictures you sent and I'm gonna put them in an album.
I especially enjoyed reading your letter, Dad. Thank you for sharing that story with me. You're an amazing dude and I love and respect you and still want to be like you when I grow up.
#saveFerris
Elder Craig
No comments:
Post a Comment