Following Elder Garren Craig while he serves in Brazil
Monday, August 20, 2018
Week 38: Ch-ch-ch-changes!
Welp...a lot happened this week.
The most important thing I learned this week is that Hufflepuff, in Portuguese, is Lufalufa. You're welcome.
Teaching a whole family is so awesome. Something I've never done before. But I love it and I love them so much.
I thought of you guys on the 17th! Very happy you guys were married and had this ridiculously big family. (If you thought we got a lot of comments about our family being big there, you should hear everyone here!)
Tears that Jurassic World II wasn't great. I mean, I'm still gunna watch it, but still, sad.
Alright, some big things that happened this week.
Soon after we finished emailing last week, Elder Calado got a call, and was told he had been emergency transferred. I was devastated. He left Tuesday morning. So I was in trio with Elder Santos and Elder Arispuro. I couldn't believe I was in trio again. ... And the trio lasted for about 36 hours.
We were packing to go to a zone conference in Rio Verge (about four hours by bus) on Wednesday, and Elder Arispuro was called and told that he was also emergency transferred. He threw everything in his suitcases in about ten minutes, and we left for the zone conference. And only me and Elder Santos came back. Yep. Just me, Elder Santos, and a very big house here in Itumbiara.
At the zone meeting, we also had interviews, and President Buhrer told me that the transfers were because there were some emergencies in the mission, and since our house had four missionaries, we were a natural target to make up for the losses. He also said that this wasn't in any way a demotion, and decided in my interview that it should work like this: one week Elder Santos is senior companion, and the next week me. I was totally fine with whatever, and wasn't upset about anything, but Elder Santos is ticked. He had been district leader, but his district died, so now he's just senior companion for a week, and the next week junior. He doesn't like it one bit.
Anyway, here's one awesome experience that happened this week. On Monday we were walking to our last appointment that night. We saw some dudes in front of a bar, so we went to talk to them. Elder Arispuro went to talk to one little group, and I talked to the other. I started talking, and this dude cut me off and said, "Oh, give me five reais please." I told him I didn't have money. "No, but please, just five reais, I want to pay my bills to take care of my wife." I told him again I didn't have money. Suddenly he got up, walked over to me, lifted his hand, and started laughing. He grabbed my hand, hugged me, and kissed my cheek. "I'm just kidding! I like to kid!" Then he bought us sodas, kissed Elder Arispuro, and invited us to dinner, but we didn't have time. We drank the soda, he gave me a last kiss on my chest, and we left. Itumbiara drunks are the best!
Anyway, lots of good stuff, our big family is progressing well, and I'm happy. So everything is good.
Lots of love and drunk man kisses!
Elder Craig
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment