Following Elder Garren Craig while he serves in Brazil
Monday, September 17, 2018
Week 40: A Wedding & a Baptism
"I get to wake up...very early in the morning. It's fanTAStic. I go out in the hot sun...and get rejected...I LOVE it." [Nacho Libre quote...kind of.]
I'm very sad about the family we've been teaching, because they didn't come to church again, so as much as I hate it, we will have to leave them for now. I'm heartbroken, because I love them and they are wonderful, and so close! They just don't completely understand.
The Garrens reunion sounds so fun! All you guys at the theater performing together again. I'm sure it was totally awesome. I'm glad everything was good and there were good feelings.
Woo hoo! New missionaries! Excited to see Elder Peek, and I'll look for Elder Ahlstrom, too. Why is everyone coming to Goiânia? It's awesome! Today is transfers, but I don't expect anything to change. We'll see. Wait! Hold up. Elder Santos just got a call, and he was transferred! Sounds like I'm staying in Itumbiara. Woo hoo!! I just talked to the zone leaders, I'm staying, and training!
Some stuff going on this week:
The election for president is coming up, so everyone is losing their minds. There's this guy who's the favorite to win, Bolsonaro, who's got some great ideas. Anyway, this week during a propaganda, he was knifed and almost died! Welcome to Brazil.
The BIG NEWS this week is Jonathan and Jucileide. We worked HARD with them this whole week. Jonathan was still smoking, and they were still super unsure about everything. Actually, yesterday they told us more of the story. Last Sunday they were ready to call the whole thing off. They went in to talk to bishop and tell him to cancel everything. But bishop talked with them, and they agreed to still have the wedding, just weren't sure about the baptism. We visited with them every day, we prayed with them, we fasted for them, we read the Book of Mormon with them, we did everything. And one day before the interview, Jonathan quit smoking. He was still about one pack per day, and he just stopped. It was a huge miracle. He was a totally different person this week. He asked me to baptize him. The wedding was absolutely wonderful, and everything worked out great, and the members helped a TON, and the baptism was so special. I love them and their family. I'm so thankful for the part I had in their story.
This next week will have a lot of changes, but I'm excited and ready. I love you all and am so thankful for everything you guys do for me.
Elder Craig
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment