Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Week 46: Training Again


Happy p-day! I think it's so funny, every Monday when we leave the house we're all happy and smiley because it's p-day, and literally everyone else is sad because the weekend has ended. We're like, "Bom dia!! 😁" And everyone is like, "😑"

We're continuing to meet with Wellington and Kaliane and their family, and yesterday we taught them about temples and family history work. It really struck me that the plan of Heavenly Father is so perfect and makes perfect sense. I love that.

This week was a little rough with Elder Almeida. (Or as the ward members call him, "Almeidinha.") Like I've said, he gets stressed easily. But it's all good, today is transfers! Still don't know what's gonna happen, but I'll probably get the call while I'm writing this email. [He got the call. He is training a brand new missionary, and so is Elder Almeida. They'll stay in the area, but both be training new missionaries.]

My temple calendar has pictures of temples with the autumn colors, and I´m really missing it. Especially Utah mountains and the canyon. Also, I heard that the US is getting ready for the coldest winter in 50 years, is that true?

Haha, yeah, last week I got Josh's email as I was leaving, so I only had time to take pictures of what he wrote to read after, but I watched the video today. He knows about The Joshua Tree, if nothing else. Haha! But yeah, he seems like a really good guy from the four minute video I've seen of him. [Editor's note: Garren's older sister, Abbie, is dating this young man - Josh. Garren was vetting him, through email.]

I super loved that talk too. [President Oaks' last Conference talk.] I haven´t re-listened to it yet, but I remember it being super straightforward and clear, which I love.

Not much to report this week. But there's one thing cool. A few of the guys in the ward have wanted to do an English class, but like a different kind of English class - more like an English conversational class, where we just visit in English, so it's more advanced. This week we tried it out, and they brought investigators and everything, and it was kind of a cool thing to try. We might try it for a few weeks and see if it brings results, because from what the ward dudes say, they know lots of people who speak English and would love a chance to practice with an American. We'll see, if it works out, great.

Anywho, kinda a slow week, but I'm constantly learning, studying, and growing. Super thankful for the hard stuff that happens so we can become better because of it. I love all you guys and am super thankful for the constant thoughts and prayers.

Elder Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment