Garren with his new companion, Elder Oliveira, and the
two other missionaries in their area - Elder Almeida and Elder Bessette.
You know how much I don't trust in Brazil? I look both ways before crossing a one way road.
Oh my word, that sounds terrible. [Editor's Note: Our family had the stomach flu this past week.] I don't know why, but I have been blessed with incredible health. I haven't barfed once since I've been in Brazil. Yes, I have the occasional diarrhea, (I have given up ever knowing how to spell that word), but even when I have that I'm able to work no problem. But sad you guys have suffered a rough bit of that, especially right before Halloween. But you know what will help? Eating 15 Reese's, 10 Twix, and 8 Almond Joys in one night. Should fix you right up.
I don´t remember that sister in the ward, but that's a super cool experience. With all the talk about ministering and helping our neighbors, I've been thinking about my life and how you and Mom have been incredible examples of this. I hadn't noticed it before, but now it seems so obvious to me that you guys are always visiting those who need it, inviting people over, and looking for those souls who need a friend. I'm thankful I've always had you guys as examples of "ministering before it was cool." (That would be a meme if I could make it.)
A few stuff from this week:
Bolsonaro, the president-elect who was knifed last month, was elected president last night. It's very controversial here. Everyone lost their minds, and we had to go home early because it was dangerous to stay on the streets. Big changes for Brazil coming.
Garren got to see his MTC companion, Elder Gregory.
The big news this week is that Itumbiara is full again! Yes, we are both training. When I went to get my greenie, I saw all my companions (even Elder Gregory!) except Elder Arispuro. I only got to talk to Elder G. Oliveira for a minute, but he said it was probably the last time we would see each other because he was just transferred to a super-far city, and he goes home in January. That made me sad, but again grateful for the help he gave to me, and I also felt very thankful for the chance I have to give that to my new companion.
My companions name is Elder Oliveira, and he's from Rio de Janeiro. How cool is that?! He's kind of shy, but doing good. Doesn't seem like we'll have any problems, thankfully. Elder Almeida's greenie is Elder Bessette from Kansas City, Missouri. He speaks almost zero Portuguese. He literally got to Brazil on Tuesday, he was only in the Provo MTC, so it's even harder for him. But it's kind of fun for me to remember how I was like when I got here. With zero idea what was happening, not speaking anything, and missing home. I've come a long way. So I help him when he needs it, and I'm sure living with four elders makes it easier for him. Really, it's easier for everyone. But I'm excited for what the next three months have in store for us four.
Garren and Elder Alex Peek - they're from the same ward, here in Utah!
And yeah! I totally saw Elder Peek. He's awesome, and he is already speaking VERY good Portuguese. He's going to be trained in Anapolis, just like me! So I'll see him on Christmas when we get together. Super cool kid, gonna do great.
Anyway, today they cut our internet time shorter, so Imma send this off. Love you guys so much!!
Elder Craig
No comments:
Post a Comment