Monday, October 14, 2019

Week 96: Enduring to the End

"The first week we played basketball..."

My flight plans (finally) came! This week there's a young man from the ward leaving on his mission to Honduras. I've been blessed to play a role in helping him prepare, and it was cool to see him head out. Especially at this point in my mission, thinking about how it was when I started, all the things I was expecting, all the emotions, and to see where I am now, and all the changes that have happened, all the experiences, and things I learned. Cool to look back and reflect.



This week we're super excited with the progress of three families. First is the mother and daughter from last week. They continue to progress, and accepted a baptism date for us to help them prepare for.

Second is a couple we met last week named Danilo and Vanessa. We taught them the restoration, and when we went back to follow up with them this week, we asked if they had prayed and how it went. Most people don't pray. Danilo looked at my face and said, "I prayed, and God touched my heart and showed me it's all true what you guys said." That was pretty incredible.

Third is a less active member who talked to us a few weeks ago, and asked for us to visit them. He came to conference last week, and to church yesterday, and both times brought his girlfriend who's loving it. We taught them this week, and discovered that he has a super strong desire to serve a mission. We're gonna help him talk to bishop and get everything going. They also came to the farewell party last night at the young man's house.

So yeah, lots of amazing things happening these last few weeks. Excited to see progress in people.

This was a great week.

Thanks for the prayers. Love to all,

Elder Craig

"...and the next week we played basketball..."

No comments:

Post a Comment